Join Recognize: The Voices of Bisexual Men co-editors, Dr Herukhuti and Robyn Ochs, contributors and readers to discuss the anthology. We will devote a day to each contribution, talk about them, share our thoughts, feelings and experiences.
Starting on May 1st, we will use the hashtag #RecognizeBiMen on social media (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.) to hold a virtual book club around the world as we go deep into the anthology. Each day for seventy days we will discuss one contribution from the anthology. One piece per day. Reading cover to cover.
Participating contributors include:
- Dr. Herukhuti (Preface) – May 1st
- Rodney Brown (Say It Loud, I’m a Black Bisexual Male and I’m Proud) – May 5th
- Seth Fischer (Notes from a Unicorn) – May 10th
- Ian Wilson (Labels) – May 12th
- Dr. Herukhuti (Ocean’s of Love Letter: Is One Black Man Loving Another Man the Revolutionary Act of the Twenty-First Century?) – May 13th
- Justin Cascio (Why I Still Go to Pride Events) – May 17th
- Cedric Maurice (Trade) – May 18th
- Andres Musta (Safe Spaces) – May 26th
- Dr. Herukhuti (A Day at the Free Clinic) – May 27th
- Brian Dodge (Scientific Research on Bisexual Men: What Do We Know, and Why Don’t We Know More?) – May 29th
- Muhammad Ali Mendha (People of the Book) – June 14th
- Big Sky Bi (Coming Home to Myself) – June 22nd
- Muhammad Ali Mendha (Journey to) – June 23rd
- Justin Adkins (Wonder) – June 27th
- Erik Moore (In the Direction of Greatest Courage) – June 28th
Recognize: The Voices of Bisexual Men is a collection of short fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, personal narratives, critical essays and visual art produced by 61 cisgender and transgender bisexual, pansexual, polysexual and fluid men from the United States, Canada, Chile, India, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom, ranging in age from early 20s to mid 70s and across various ethnicities and cultures.
Here’s how to participate in three (3) easy steps:
- Create (free) accounts on social media platforms, e.g., Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, etc. of your choice if you don’t already have them.
- Starting May 1st, use the search function on the platforms you have accounts to search for #RecognizeBiMen. This will show you the conversations people are having about each piece in the anthology. One piece per day.
- To join the conversation, post a comment and include the hashtag #RecognizeBiMen. You can use the reply function to reply to specific comments of others. ALWAYS INCLUDE #RecognizeBiMen IN YOUR REPLIES AND COMMENTS so everyone else can see your comments. Ask questions. share your thoughts, share your story, talk with other readers, learn more about the contributors, etc.
If you are new to the platform, view the tutorial and practice before you get ready to join the conversation so you know how to use it.